Some of the Head First learning principles:
- make it visual.
- use a conversational and personalized style.
- think more deeply.
- keep attention.
- touch emotions.
To bend your brain into submission
- Slow down, the more you understand, the less you have to memorize.
- Do the exercises, write your own notes.
- Make this the last thing you read before bed.
- Talk about it. Out loud.
- Pay attention to whether your brain is getting overloaded. Take a break if necessary.
- Feel something, make up your own captions for the photos. Even bad jokes better then feeling nothing at all
- Design something new. Apply new knowledeg in your new desigin or refactor an old project.
Identify the aspects of your application that vary and separate them from what stays the same.
The what varies and “encapsulate” it so it won’t affect the rest of your code.
Program to an interface really means “Program to a supertype”
The Open-Closed Principle
Classes should be open for extension, but close for modification.
- Observer 模式